Did you know?
California’s Community Colleges have long been a gateway for the state’s veterans. In fact, 75 percent of veterans using GI Bill benefits to pay for their education in California are enrolled in CCC. Veterans on our campuses face a myriad of challenges and need access to special resources to stay on course. Identify and connect with those students returning to campus after serving in the armed forces and introduce them to support services on your campus. In addtion, Veteran lessons are included in The Specials on the CACareerCafe. This one will help them start planning their next move.
- Introduce the CACareerCafe and the options offered.
- Review the lessons listed on the Veteran’s landing page.
- Choose Plan Your Next Move.
- View video and the hyperlinks to additional information.
- Distribute the Student Activity, review directions and complete.
- Review the Cafe Folder page to identify complementary lessons.
Because communication continues to be the most critical workplace skill, try the active learning exercises in Speak Up. These quick and easy lessons will get your students talking.